DID YOU KNOW LA AND ORANGE COUNTY IS ONE OF THE MOST RENOWNED AREAS FOR WAGE THEFT? DON’T BE A VICTIM, IF YOU WORKED FOR A LICENSED CONTRACTOR, YOU CAN MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST THEIR BOND FOR YOUR WAGES.
Good news for any current or ex-employees of WICR or any other contractor who believes they had wages stolen from them!
- had overtime work you performed that was called driving time,
- didn’t get a lunch or rest break
- had a time card altered after submitting it
- was paid under the table as an undocumented worker
- had money deducted for someone else’s injuries who was working under your supervision
- weren’t allowed to clock in at the office/warehouse when picking up materials but had to wait until you got to the job
- if you reported for work, but didn’t work for more than 3 hours and was only paid for the hours worked, you may have a claim that you can make with the bond company. The law requires employers pay for a minimum of three hours even of you worked less than that.
YOU MAY HAVE A CLAIM AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR MONEY EASILY AND FOR FREE!
From CSLB’s website-
A contractor has an obligation not to commit any violation of contractor license law that is grounds for disciplinary action against the license. If the contractor does not comply with the conditions of the bond, a claim can be filed with the surety company.
Claims against a surety company may be filed by ….employees damaged by the contractor’s failure to pay wages…
If you worked for WICR and believe that you may have a claim for wages, you can file a claim by contacting the bond carrier for WICR. There is no time limit to file a claim for wages.
If you worked for WICR between 12/22/1997 and 3/2/2009 please contact this bond company. They will send you the forms necessary to file your claim for wages.
SURETY COMPANY OF THE PACIFIC
P O BOX 10289
VAN NUYS, CA 91410-0289
If you worked for WICR after 3/2/2009 through today, please contact this bond company. They will send you the forms necessary to file yor claim for wages.
AMERICAN CONTRACTORS INDEMNITY COMPANY
601 S FIGUEROA STREET SUITE 1600
LOS ANGELES, CA 90017-5721